CKTM-TV, Trois-Rivieres, Cogeco/Bell Globemedia
In June, Henri Audet was awarded a licence to operate a television station at Trois-Rivieres. It would broadcast on channel 13 with an effective radiated power of 3,070 watts video and 1,530 watts audio, with antenna height of 591 feet (HAAT). Audet who would be president and managing director of Television St. Maurice Inc. was formerly with the CBC. He originally proposed to use the call sign - CFTM-TV. Those calls would be used a couple of years later in Montreal. It was hoped the new station would be on the air March 31, 1958. 1958
CKTM-TV signed on the air on April 15. The "TM" in the call sign: Télévision Mauricie. It was an affiliate of the CBC French network. 1965
CKTM-TV built a new transmission tower. Effective radiated power was now 162,500 watts video and 81,200 watts audio. The station was owned by Television St-Maurice Inc.
CKTM-TV lost its tower in nearby Mt. Carmal in December during a severe ice storm. Service resumed shortly after by hooking up to the old standby tower.
CKTM-TV undertook a major update of its technical (production) facilities.
Télévision St. Maurice Inc. launched CFKM-TV – an affiliate of the new TQS network.
Francois Laganiere joined CKTM-TV/CKSH-TV (Cogeco) as national sales manager.
By this time, CKTM had a power of 325,000 watts video and 65,000 watts audio. 1992
By this time, the corporate name had changed from Télévision St. Maurice Inc. to Cogeco Radio-Télévision Inc. Télévision St. Maurice Inc. had been a subsidiary of Cogeco. 1997
On August 22, Consortium Quebecor was authorized to acquire effective control of TQS inc. Communications Quebecor inc. would hold 58.52% in Consortium Quebecor. The other shareholders were Canadian Satellite Communications Inc. (19.49%), Cogeco inc. (19.99%), and the other affiliates of the "Télévision Quatre Saisons" network. 2001
On December 7, Cogeco Radio Television Inc. (60%) and Bell Globemedia Inc. (through subsidiary CTV Television Inc.) (40%) were given approval to acquire TQS Inc. The shares had been held in trust by Mr. Pierre Hébert. The sale of TQS came about because of the purchase of TVA by Quebecor Média Inc. The CRTC imposed a condition precedent requiring that the control of TQS be transferred to a third party not associated with Quebecor. 2002
CKTM-TV was given approval to increase effective radiated power from 162,500 to 164,400 watts. 2005
CKTM operated by this time as a semi-satellite of Radio-Canada’s flagship station, CBFT Montreal. 2008
On June 26, the CRTC approved the application by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation to acquire the assets of CKSH-TV Sherbrooke, CKTM-TV Trois-Rivières and CKTV-TV Saguenay and its transmitter CKTV-TV-1 Saint-Fulgence, from TQS inc. Written by Bill Dulmage - Updated July, 2010
Source : http://www.broadcasting-history.ca